Showing all CBD for Pets
Showing all 31 results
Should My Dog or Cat Be Taking CBD, Too?
A lot of us spend enormous amounts of time and money on maintaining our own personal wellness, but our furry friends could use some help too. The great news is that the CBD pet market is booming like never before, and more and more veterinarians are getting behind the use of cannabidiol for a wide range of pet-specific needs.
At Pure CBD Vapors, you’ll find a huge variety of pet-friendly hemp goods formulated specially for your furry companions.
What CBD Can Do for Cats, Dogs and Other Small Mammals
When it comes to CBD for pets, the first thing that pet owners want to know is whether or not hemp is actually appropriate for their bodies. What many don’t know is that CBD and other cannabinoids are processed and used by their bodies in the same manner as ours. This is because the endocannabinoid system, which is in charge of utilizing CBD, exists in all mammals.
This complex bodily system manages homeostasis, and it does this by distributing cannabinoids to various cannabinoid receptors throughout the body. Each receptor is tasked with regulating a particular bodily process, and it needs cannabinoids like CBD to fulfill this role.
Therefore, when you give your cat or dog cannabidiol, you’re simply supporting their endocannabinoid system so that it can promote a sense of equilibrium throughout all of their bodily processes, whether they relate to pain, mood, or another crucial function that they rely on.
Cannabidiol is deemed nontoxic for dogs and cats, which means that generally, CBD for pets is safe. But that doesn’t mean that you should give your furry friend just any old CBD product that you have lying around. CBD for dogs and CBD for cats require certain specifications to ensure that your four-legged companion is getting the best formula for their body.
The Importance of Choosing Pet-Specific CBD Products
Our cats and dogs can process cannabidiol and other hemp compounds efficiently and effectively. But, the hemp products that we take daily are likely inappropriate for their small bodies, for a few reasons.
First off, a lot of CBD goods made for human consumption contain ingredients that are safe for our species, but could be toxic to pets. Something as seemingly benign as eucalyptus essential oil, which is found in many human CBD topicals, can be dangerous for cats and dogs.
Secondly, our pets’ bodies are different from ours. Cats and most dog breeds weigh significantly less than us. Giving them a human dose of cannabinoids may be too much for their needs. This is why CBD for pets come in different milligram strengths. CBD for cats offers the lowest strengths, with CBD for dogs coming in slightly higher potency levels as many dog breeds weigh more than the average domestic cat.
Types of CBD Products for Pets
So, what kinds of CBD products are available for pet consumption? Well, you’d be surprised by the amazing array of CBD for pets that are out there today. Let’s go over the most popular types of CBD for cats, as well as CBD for dogs.
- CBD Treats: Edibles that appeal to their taste buds, but contain an adequate dose of hemp. These treats work like all edibles, in that they can provide long-lasting, subtle effects in the system.
- CBD Oils: Can either be administered sublingually (under the tongue) or added to their food at mealtime. Many companies many flavored CBD oils for pets, boasting the tastes of favorites like chicken, fish and bacon, to make the administration process easier.
- CBD Topicals: Come in the pet-friendly forms of sprays, balms, and more. These are great for targeting a particular area of your pet’s body that may be inflamed or irritated.
How Much CBD Should I Give My Pet?
Our pets have unique personalities; dog and cat owners know that no two animals are alike. There are many dosage charts and formulas for owners to reference, but the truth is that no one knows your furry friend like you. Simplify the process with a few helpful steps, and your pet will be on its way to a happier, healthier life.
Before you start your pet on a CBD routine, we do suggest that you speak to your veterinarian, who can help you come up with a routine based on their bodies, needs and health circumstances.
Once you have your vet’s approval, you should only purchase a CBD product that is formulated for your pet. Read the label carefully in order to determine the appropriate dosage for their body weight and try to give them the same amount daily in order to allow the cannabinoids to build up in the system for maximum effectiveness.
- Select a high-quality CBD. We know your pet isn’t just a supporting cast member of your Instagram account – it’s a member of the family. Make sure to select a high-quality CBD that’s pesticide-free and lab-tested for purity. Your pal deserves the best! These CBD pet product picks have separated themselves from the pack like Active CBD Oil, Hempzilla and more!
- Establish a base dose. In order to properly address your pet’s CBD needs, you’ll need to find a starting point. Begin with an intermediate dose and closely monitor your pet’s reaction over the hour after administering. Is a calming effect settling in? Hopefully your little pal is beginning to enjoy mild levels of relaxation. If not, you may want to provide additional CBD. Continue to observe and make note of what works.
- Adjust accordingly. Days in our pet’s lives aren’t much different than our own… some are better than others! Order can be disrupted in many ways and your pet’s mood may follow suit. Things like abnormal weather patterns, nearby construction racket, and firework-heavy holidays can increase stress levels. In times like these, owners can double or triple the base dose to properly mellow their moods.
- Don’t stress! If your pet appears noticeably lethargic after a larger dose, just ease back on the intake next time. Experimenting to find your pet’s comfort levels is part of the process. If your pet has existing medical conditions that require medication, feel free to talk to your vet about any drug interaction concerns.
Remember that our pets can’t tell us when they’re not feeling well, so carefully monitor them after giving them their first few doses of hemp to make sure that they are responding well to CBD. If you wish to switch up their daily routine, ask your veterinarian for further guidance.
You should always speak with your vet before starting your pet on a CBD regimen.
CBD pet products clearly state the proper milligram strength according to your pet’s weight and/or breed.
Multiple clinical studies have been conducted on CBD administration to pets.
How frequently you should give your pet CBD has a lot to do with the purpose of giving them CBD in the first place. We suggest asking your vet, and also following the instructions on the product’s label.
You can either give your pet CBD in the form of a treat or a tincture. If you’re giving them a tincture, you can place the proper dosage amount beneath their tongue, or mix it in with their food.
Every pet is different, and therefore how long it will take for the CBD to take effect varies from animal to animal.
As of now, no research indicates that long-term CBD usage is detrimental to your pet.
Pet owners typically give their cats and dogs CBD for anxiety, depression, poor appetite, skin inflammation, arthritis and more.
You should always closely monitor your pet after giving them a new product, whether it be CBD, a medication or a new type of treat.
Date Modified: August 18th, 2020 As CBD rapidly evolves as an industry, additional studies are being conducted by scientists to learn more about what makes each compound in hemp so unique. Now, we know that pets can consume CBD just like us and that their bodies process it in practically an identical…
Updated 08/17/2020 The CBD industry is quickly expanding and evolving to produce a wide range of products specifically suited for our furry companions. Already, we’re seeing that some veterinarians (others are on the fence) are embracing the idea of hemp as a potentially suitable therapy for cats and dogs, though…
Updated September 6th, 2020 Finding pure CBD oil for your pet may be a hassle. Especially if you’re new to CBD and aren’t sure if you want to explore this option. Look no further! Here you’ll learn these essentials: What exactly is CBD for your pet Reasons to consider CBD…