Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid found in the hemp plant that’s associated with a mild psychoactive buzz, and its popularity has grown tremendously in recent years. South Dakotans, who have embraced the hemp plant for its cannabidiol, are eager to explore delta8’s effects for themselves. However, many of them might be unsure as to what South Dakota law has to say about delta 8. Not only that, but how they can know that they’re buying only the highest-quality, cleanest delta-8 possible.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Just How Natural Then is Delta 8 THC?
This can be up for debate, depending upon on who you ask and how they differentiate natural from synthetic. You see, when a product says ‘natural’ or ‘all-natural’, you often make a final determination that a certain product or substance is available in nature, generated without any human involvement. In this sense, ‘natural’ substances are compounds found in nature.
So, delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring compound found in cannabis. It forms as a byproduct since delta 9 THC breaks down under exposure to heat and light. In fact, a good majority of legal experts agree that delta 8 is classified as a naturally derived substance, rather than a synthetically derived one.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in South Dakota?
South Dakota is a state in which delta 8 THC is fully legal since the state recognizes the 2018 Farm Bill which made all hemp derivatives with less than 0.3% delta 9 THC fully legal. Any adult resident can purchase delta 8, with no restrictions pertaining to product type, milligram strength or purchase amount. Whether you’re in Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Pierre, Sturgis, Deadwood, Aberdeen, or anywhere else in the state, you can enjoy delta-8 as you so choose.
Just keep in mind that delta 8 THC can result in a failed drug test. Why? Because it’s metabolized in the same manner as delta 9 THC. And, because it is an intoxicating compound, you should never drive or go to work after taking it.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in South Dakota
Now that you know that you can legally buy delta 8 THC, it’s important to consider where you buy it from. Not all delta 8 is created equally, and even fakes exist on the market. This is why some sources are better than others when it comes to buying delta 8 products.
Remember, also, that marijuana remains illegal throughout South Dakota. Essentially then, you must only buy delta 8 THC that is derived from the hemp plant. Otherwise, you will be breaking the law.
One option is to use Google or Weedmaps to find out if a nearby shop offers delta 8 products. Keep in mind that if a store does not specialize in hemp, or if local demand isn’t high, then you are more likely to encounter low-quality delta 8 THC. Read reviews before visiting a store, to know that the store carries high-quality product.
The best way to guarantee that you get top-quality delta 8 THC is to buy it from a trusted online hemp retailer, as you’ll enjoy a lot of advantages over buying it in person.
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a faster product turnover rate.
Pure CBD Vapors offers an enormous selection of delta 8 products in every delivery method, milligram strength and strain you could ever ask for. We are extremely strict with the products we carry, working only with top brands that engage in routine lab-testing. In addition to offering the finest delta 8 on the market, we’re known for our fast shipping and affordable prices.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
There are certain types of vendors that we strictly do not recommend, because they are known to carry far lower-quality products, and sometimes fake delta 8 THC as well.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in South Dakota?
As a South Dakotan, you can check out all kinds of unique delta 8 products that each offer their own experience to the user. These are the types of products that you’ll come across on the delta 8 market.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts come pre-filled with vape oil consisting of pure delta 8 THC distillate and terpenes, with many different strains available. These carts are 510-threaded to attach to any standard low-wattage vape pen.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes also come in many strains, and they are more user-friendly as they are all-in-one devices that need no assembly or charging at any time.
- Edibles: D8 edibles like gummies come in many delicious flavors, and they are known for providing the longest-lasting effects and a distinctive body high sensation.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are sublingual oils that come in dropper bottles, and their potency level is somewhere between edibles and vapes.
- Capsules: D8 capsules contain fewer ingredients than edibles but absorb in the same manner to produce the same type of experience.
- Flower: D8 flower is CBD flower that has been infused with delta 8 THC distillate. Available in a huge variety of strains in both pre-roll and loose bud options.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are concentrates known for being extremely potent (beginners should avoid them until developing a tolerance). These are flash-vaporized with a dabbing device.
- Topicals: D8 topicals absorb through the skin, providing localized effects to the joints and muscles, making then non-intoxicating.
The Mount Rushmore State Can Now Add Delta 8 THC to The List of Great Cannabinoids to Try
Overall, delta 8 THC is a legal cannabinoid in South Dakota. So, residents of adult age can start exploring the rich selection of products that exist on the delta-8 market. It’s very important to know that you’re getting only authentic, federally compliant, and lab-tested delta 8. Hence, why it is always best to stick to a trusted online source for all of your delta8 needs.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.