Delta 8 THC has become an extremely popular addition to the hemp market. How? By boasting mild psychoactive effects that offer a totally one-of-a-kind experience. New Yorkers throughout the state have largely embraced CBD, another hemp derivative. Not surprising then that people are certainly eager to see what the delta 8 hype is all about. But, with so many confusing cannabis laws throughout the country, New York residents naturally want to know that the cannabinoid is legal before they buy it. Also, it’s important to know where to find only legitimate, high-quality delta 8 THC.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC and delta 9 THC are two naturally occurring cannabinoids that offer ultimately different effects from one another.
- Delta 9 naturally converts into delta 8 as it ages in the plant material. This results in an entirely new compound with distinctive properties.
- Delta 8 is about 70% as intoxicating as delta 9. Hence, why so many of its users say that they feel relatively clear-headed after using it by comparison.
- Beyond that, delta 8 uniquely attaches primarily to CB1 receptors, which are cannabinoid receptors found throughout the body’s nervous system.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
Just How Natural Then is Delta 8 THC?
This can be debated believe it or not, depending upon on who you ask and how they differentiate natural from synthetic. You see, when a product says ‘natural’ or ‘all-natural’, you often make a final determination that a certain product or substance is available in nature, generated without any human involvement. In this sense, ‘natural’ substances are compounds found in nature.
So, delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring compound found in cannabis. It forms as a byproduct since delta 9 THC breaks down under exposure to heat and light. In fact, a good majority of legal experts agree that delta 8 is classified as a naturally derived substance, rather than a synthetically derived one.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in New York?
The Farm Bill of 2018 made hemp a federally legal plant and determined that all hemp derivatives could be sold legally as long as they contain no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. Right now, this makes delta 8 federally legal, although some states have banned it. Currently, delta 8 is still semi-legal throughout New York, including big cities/areas like New York City, Queens, Brooklyn, Buffalo, Syracuse, and even Albany. There are no restrictions on product type or purchase amount of concentration. Meaning, residents can explore any delta 8 product on the market.
Take note that’s recommended not to consume delta 8 THC if you have to drive or work. You will become intoxicated. Keep in mind, too, that delta 8 and delta 9 are alike in terms of how they are processed by the body. Adding to that, using delta-8 could trigger a positive drug test.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in New York
Now that you know that you can legally buy delta 8 THC in New York, let’s talk about where you can find the highest-quality options available on the market. Keep in mind that delta 8 and marijuana have a lot in common, so make sure that you are buying delta-8 and not a marijuana-based product, even though medicinal marijuana is legal in this state.
It is possible that some local shops may carry delta-8 in your area, but you’ll want to do a Google search or Weedmaps search before assuming that it’s available at any particular store. Make sure you look at reviews ahead of time to know that a store carries only high-quality, legitimate delta 8.
The better alternative is buying delta 8 online, and this is what most delta-8 users prefer. Buying it from an online source comes with a lot of advantages over shopping for it locally.
- Wider variety of products available for a more customized type of delta 8 experience.
- Better prices as online retailers have lower overhead costs.
- Stricter quality standards due to a more competitive marketplace.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions on a regular basis.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase bundles to save money.
- Unparalleled shopping convenience.
- Fresher products from a higher product turnover rate.
At Pure CBD Vapors, you’ll find only lab-tested, premium delta 8 products from the most trusted names in the industry. We offer a huge selection of products to choose from, and ship to all addresses in New York State with fast shipping, not to mention highly affordable prices.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
When shopping for most other products that you need, the same rules should apply – when looking to make a purchase, there are some places that must be avoided.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 Products Can I Buy in New York?
Delta 8 THC, just like CBD, is available in a broad array of product types. Each type of product allows for a unique type of experience with the cannabinoid. It’s good to know of the different products that you can choose from so that when you’re ready to make a purchase, you can look for the specific product most likely to suit your needs.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts contain delta 8 THC distillate blended with terpenes and are available in a generous variety of strains. These disposable cartridges attach to any standard 510-threaded, rechargeable vape pen device.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes are a fully maintenance-free vaping system that comes with a battery and attached cartridge. They never need to be recharged or refilled, and they also come in various strain options.
- Edibles: D8 edibles are extremely popular since they come in lots of great flavors, offer a distinctive “body high” effect and allow the properties of the compound to be felt for up to 8 hours.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures absorb through the sublingual tissue, being oil-based formulas available in various milligram strength options. Effects last on average for 4 to 6 hours.
- Capsules: D8 capsules are simply encapsulated delta 8 THC oils that behave just like edibles when ingested.
- Flower: D8 flower refers to CBD flower infused with delta 8 distillate. You can choose between loose buds and pre-rolls, and try all kinds of strains.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are concentrates which are very potent, making them more suitable for experienced users. They’re vaporized through a dabbing device that melts the concentrates at high temperatures.
- Topicals: D8 topicals do not get the user high, as they absorb through the skin and work only with the localized muscles and joints.
The Empire State Still Allows for Delta 8 THC Usage
Yes, delta 8 THC is a legal compound throughout New York State. This means that as long as you’re a legal adult, you can try all kinds of exciting delta 8 products that are available on the market. Of course, not all delta-8 is created equally, so make sure that you seek out lab-tested, premium-grade products from a trusted retailer, preferably online.
Note: Check on the laws periodically as they can change frequently. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that is legal as cannabidiol is on a federal level.