Delta 8 THC is one of many cannabinoids in the hemp plant that’s recently hit the market. Not to mention, delta 8 is proving to be one of the most popular thanks to its unique, mild psychoactive properties. New Mexicans have shown great interest in the hemp plant over the last decade, so it’s no surprise that many are eager to give delta 8 a try. But, is it actually legal New Mexico, and if it is, where can residents buy only top-quality delta8 to enjoy?
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing, blissful, and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Just How Natural Then is Delta 8 THC?
This can be up for debate, depending upon on who you ask and how they differentiate natural from synthetic. You see, when a product says ‘natural’ or ‘all-natural’, you often make a final determination that a certain product or substance is available in nature, generated without any human involvement. In this sense, ‘natural’ substances are compounds found in nature.
So, delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring compound found in cannabis. It forms as a byproduct since delta 9 THC breaks down under exposure to heat and light. In fact, a good majority of legal experts agree that delta 8 is classified as a naturally derived substance, rather than a synthetically derived one.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in New Mexico?
In short, delta 8 THC is legal throughout New Mexico, with no restrictions pertaining to product type, possession amount, etc. The 2018 Farm Bill made hemp legal under federal law, and NM sticks to what federal law has to say on the hemp plant. The one restriction is that no hemp product may contain more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. Therefore, residents of Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Roswell, Taos, Las Cruces, Rio Rancho, and everywhere else can enjoy delta 8 as they so choose.
Just keep in mind that delta 8 THC is intoxicating, and this alone is why you should never drive or go to work while under its influence. Also, delta 8 is metabolized by the same means that metabolize delta 9, so using delta 8 will result in a failed drug test.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in New Mexico
Ultimately, some sources are better than others when it comes to finding high-quality, genuine delta 8 THC. Not all delta 8 is created with the same quality standards in mind, and even fake delta 8 exists.
Keep in mind, too, that only hemp-derived delta 8 is considered legal. This means you need to make sure that the delta 8 you buy isn’t coming from the marijuana plant.
It’s possible that a store near you carries delta 8, and you can find out by doing a search on Google or Weedmaps. However, delta-8 sold in stores around New Mexico that don’t specialize in hemp can be lacking in quality, especially if local demand is low. Look up reviews ahead of time to know that a store is carrying only high-quality, legitimate delta 8 THC.
Overall, buying delta 8 online is preferred since it generally ensures better quality along with other advantages.
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a faster product turnover rate.
At Pure CBD Vapors, you’ll find that we carry only the highest-quality, lab-tested delta 8 products from top-rated brands. Our selection is massive, offering a huge variety of formulas, product types, milligram strengths, flavors, strains and more. Meanwhile, you can take advantage of our affordable prices and extremely fast shipping.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
When shopping for most other products that you need, same rules should apply – when looking to make a purchase, there are some places that must be avoided.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in New Mexico?
Delta 8 THC comes in a large array of product types, just like CBD. Essentially, it is good to understand then, what is out there so that when you’re ready to make a purchase, you can find the product most suited to your needs.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts consist of pure delta 8 THC distillate and terpene extracts, in various strain options. These 510-threaded carts attach to standard vape pens.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vape devices come fully assembled, requiring zero charging or refilling, offering a user-friendly alternative along with the same strain selection as above.
- Edibles: D8 edibles can deliver very long-lasting effects compared to other methods, and introduce a body high into the experience. You can find all kinds of tasty flavors.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are taken sublingually, offering an experience more potent than edibles, but less potent than vapes. They come in various milligram strengths, with convenient dropper caps.
- Capsules: Delta 8 capsules behave just like edibles once absorbed, but instead come in encapsulated form with fewer ingredients.
- Flower: D8 Flower is raw CBD flower that has been infused with pure delta 8 THC distillate. Available in lots of awesome strains in either pre-roll or loose bud form.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are concentrates that yield extremely potent effects when “dabbed” (flash-vaporized), making them better for experienced users.
- Topicals: D8 topicals absorb through the skin to offer localized effects to the muscles and joints. You will not get high when using them.
Choose Your Delta 8 Wisely in the Land of Enchantment
New Mexico law permits the use of delta 8 THC by all of its adult residents, so you are free to buy any delta 8 product you’d like to experience its effects at last. Just remember, always best to buy it online, as online hemp retailers generally offer federally compliant, lab-tested, and expertly formulated products for a better delta 8 quality level overall.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.