Cannabis laws have evolved a lot in Nevada in recent years, and the state is one of several to legalize recreational cannabis use among adult residents. Talk about a gamble that has paid off nicely. There is another cannabinoid, however, that offers psychoactive properties that come with laws far more confusing. Delta 8 THC is a hemp derivative known for its mild buzz. And, while delta8’s proving to be hugely popular, Nevadans remain largely unsure as to whether or not it’s legal. Not only that but where to actually find real and high-quality delta 8.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC and delta 9 THC are often compared to one another, which comes from their many similarities and slight differences.
- Delta 8 is the result of oxidized delta 9 THC, as the cannabinoid ages in the plant material and naturally converts into delta 8.
- Delta-8 is about 70% as intoxicating as delta-9, which in turn causes a milder high that many people say is surprisingly clear-minded.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) differently, making it less potent than delta-9.
- Delta8 can also induce feelings of bliss and bliss.
- This cannabinoid also works powerfully with CB1 receptors in the body’s nervous system.
Just How Natural Then is Delta 8 THC?
This can be up for debate, depending upon who you ask and how they differentiate natural from synthetic. You see, when a product says ‘natural’ or ‘all-natural, you often make a final determination that a certain product or substance is available in nature, generated without any human involvement. In this sense, ‘natural’ substances are compounds found in nature.
So, delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring compound found in cannabis. It forms as a byproduct since delta 9 THC breaks down under exposure to heat and light. In fact, a good majority of legal experts agree that delta 8 is classified as a naturally derived substance, rather than a synthetically derived one.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Nevada?
Whether you reside in Las Vegas, Reno, Carson City, Henderson, or any other region of Nevada, you can legally purchase delta 8 THC in numerous delivery methods or concentrations as long as you are a legal adult. Simply put, NV sticks to federal law when it comes to hemp. Federal law legalized the hemp plant back in 2018 with the passing of the Farm Bill. This legislation determined all hemp derivatives, such as delta 8, could be sold legally as long as they are tested to demonstrate a maximum delta 9 THC amount of 0.3%.
However, it is recommended not to consume delta 8 THC if you have to drive or work. You will become intoxicated. Keep in mind, too, that delta 8 and delta 9 are alike in terms of how they are processed by the body. Hence, using delta-8 could trigger a positive drug test.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in Nevada
When it comes to delta 8 THC, it’s important to recognize that not all products are created equally. You want to find delta 8 that has been lab-tested and contains clean ingredients paired with pure hemp extractions.
Also, keep in mind that delta 8 and marijuana have a lot in common, so make sure that you are buying delta-8 and not a marijuana-based product, even though marijuana is legal in this state.
Now, there are two avenues through which you can buy delta 8 THC:
A quick Google search or Weedmaps search allows you to find local stores that sell delta 8 products. These stores rarely specialize in hemp and carry a limited selection of delta-8 formulas. It’s always important to look at reviews of a store before purchasing from them, to know you’re getting only legitimate, high-quality, and lab-tested delta8.
Most fans of the cannabinoid prefer to buy it online because online retailers generally provide a better experience for those seeking out high-quality delta 8 goods. There are many advantages to buying delta-8 from a reputable online company rather than in person.
- Larger product selection, including lots of milligram strengths, flavors, strains, and delivery methods.
- Lower prices because of lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to higher demand.
- Special offers and clearance sales.
- Bulk-buying options and money-saving bundles.
- Convenience from shopping at home.
- Fresher products due to a higher turnover rate.
Pure CBD Vapors carries an awesome array of delta-8 products made by the most trusted names in the hemp industry. We offer fast shipping to all areas in which delta 8 THC is legal throughout the country, and we only carry organically derived, lab-tested delta 8 products that are formulated with carefully sourced ingredients.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
Just like any other normal product you want to purchase, there are some places that should be avoided.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant, to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in Nevada?
Delta 8 THC comes in all kinds of product forms, and you’ll want to know what’s available ahead of time to choose a product that really caters to the precise goals that you have in mind.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts are disposable, pre-filled with delta 8 THC vape oil in all kinds of great strain options, 510-threaded, and can be used with rechargeable vape pen devices.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes offer a maintenance-free way to enjoy various strains of delta 8 THC vape oil, and these devices never require charging.
- Edibles: Gummies and other D8 edibles promote long-lasting effects while offering delicious flavor. They also have a stronger body high than other delivery methods, making them very enjoyable.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are oral products absorbed through the sublingual tissue. They offer relatively long-lasting effects and easy to administer. Can take effect within 30 minutes or so.
- Capsules: D8 capsules are simple formulas that allow the user to ingest delta 8 THC for long-lasting effects. Available in various milligram strengths.
- Flower: D8 flower buds and pre-rolls consist of raw CBD flower infused with delta 8 THC distillate, in various strains.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are powerful concentrates that are flash-vaporized. Because of their potency that can get users very high, they’re not recommended for beginners.
- Topicals: D8 topicals absorb through the skin and work with localized deep tissue, which means they don’t get the user high. More suited for physical discomfort and similar types of issues.
Roll Those Delta 8 Dice in the Silver State
Yes, delta 8 THC is a fully legal cannabinoid throughout Nevada, and therefore can be purchased both online and in-person. If you’re seeking out top-shelf delta 8 products, we recommend that you find an online source that has a strong reputation for quality and product variety. When it comes to delta-8, quality means everything, and online companies typically offer higher quality standards that make a difference in the outcome you can experience.
Note: It is wise to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. Since delta 8 THC is new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.