California is known for its cannabis-friendly stance, with recreational cannabis has been legal for quite some time. But, when it comes to hemp, things can get a little more complicated. Delta 8 THC is still a relatively new addition to our industry that can offer a unique psychoactive experience. However, is it actually legal for Californians to purchase? And, if so, where can residents from this state purchase delta 8 to ensure they are getting only legitimate and high-quality products?
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC and delta 9 THC share many things in common. This isn’t surprising, considering delta 8 is the result of oxidized delta 9 in the plant material.
- Once delta 9 converts into delta 8, it loses about 30% of its psychoactive activity.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) differently, making it less potent than delta-9.
- Speaking of the ECS, delta 8 does work more strongly with CB1 receptors in the nervous system. In turn, offering effects that pertain to nervous system processes.
- Delta 8 can also induce feelings of bliss and bliss.
Just How Natural Then is Delta 8 THC?
This can be up for debate, depending upon who you ask and how they differentiate natural from synthetic. You see, when a product says ‘natural’ or ‘all-natural, you often make a final determination that a certain product or substance is available in nature, generated without any human involvement. In this sense, ‘natural’ substances are compounds found in nature.
So, delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring compound found in cannabis. It forms as a byproduct since delta 9 THC breaks down under exposure to heat and light. In fact, a good majority of legal experts agree that delta 8 is classified as a naturally derived substance, rather than a synthetically derived one.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in California?
Delta 8 THC is a legal cannabinoid in California since they follow the Farm Bill which legalized hemp in 2018. This piece of legislation made hemp derivatives federally legal, requiring that products are tested to show that they contain no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. Basically, this allows Californians to legally purchase delta 8 in any form as long as they are a legal adult. There are no restrictions on the possession or milligram strength of any particular product. Regardless if a person lives in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, San Jose, Oakland, Sacramento, Burbank, Irvine, or any other region of the state.
However, it is recommended not to consume delta 8 THC if you have to drive or work. You will become intoxicated. Keep in mind, too, that delta 8 and delta 9 are alike in terms of how they are processed by the body. Hence, using delta-8 could trigger a positive drug test.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in California
Now that you’re aware that you can legally buy delta 8 THC as a California resident, time to think about where you will buy it. Not all businesses carry high-quality delta 8 THC. This is why you must always look for third-party lab reports, lists of ingredients, and reviews indicating legitimate products. Also, keep in mind that delta 8 and marijuana have a lot in common. So, make sure that you’re purchasing delta-8 and not a marijuana-based product, even though marijuana is legal in this state.
You can purchase your delta 8 from one of two avenues:
You can search for local stores that carry delta 8 on Google or on Weedmaps. Most local stores don’t specialize in hemp products, so quality and product selection can vary quite a bit. Look at a store’s reviews to make sure you have an idea of what to expect. Plus, to also ensure that the store carries only high-quality delta 8 THC.
The alternative is purchasing from an online retailer, and this is what most delta 8 enthusiasts prefer. Essentially, buying delta-8 online offers many benefits over buying it locally.
- Wider selection of products for a more customized experience in terms of delivery method, ingredients, strength, strain, and more.
- Lower prices that come from lower overhead costs associated with online retail.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer expectations.
- Special offers and promotions for saving money.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase bundles.
- Convenience that comes with shopping from the comfort of your own home.
- Fresher products due to a higher product turnover rate.
Pure CBD Vapors has worked hard to develop a catalog of only the highest-rated delta 8 from trusted brands in the industry. As a result, we offer a huge array of products to try. Each in various product forms, milligram strengths, strains, and more! All, allowing you to choose from all kinds of products. We ship quickly to California, with excellent prices and high standards when it comes to lab-testing, ingredients, and extraction methods.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
Just like any other normal product you want to purchase, there are some places that should be avoided.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant, to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta 8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in California?
Throughout California, you’ll find a wide array of delta 8 products available for purchase both from online and local retailers. It’s good to know beforehand though, what kinds of product types are available.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts are pre-filled with vape oil and 510-threaded to be compatible with standard vaping devices for hemp e-liquids. They are filled with a blend of delta 8 THC distillate and naturally derived terpenes and come in all kinds of great strain choices.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes are pre-filled with vape oil as well, and fully assembled with a pre-charged battery attached that never requires recharging. You can also find many strains in this type of product.
- Edibles: D8 edibles are a popular choice since they taste delicious and offer very long-lasting effects paired with a unique body high sensation. You can find all kinds of flavors, with fruit gummies being the most popular.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are oil-based formulas that absorb below the tongue, and they come in a wide array of milligram strengths while being noted for offering balanced effects that last for up to 6 hours.
- Capsules: D8Capsules also allow the user to ingest the delta 8 cannabinoid for effects similar to edibles, but with simpler formulas that break down more easily in the body.
- Flower: D8 flower is raw hemp flower infused with pure delta 8 THC, available in various strains, and pre-roll and loose bud options.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are flash-vaporized in a dabbing device. Due to being potent concentrates that are very psychoactive, best to be used by experienced users.
- Topicals: D8 topicals are applied to the skin, offering targeted effects to local muscle and joint tissue. They do not cause psychoactive effects.
Grab Premium-Quality Delta 8 THC in the Golden State
From NorCal to SoCal, Californians are free to purchase delta 8 THC as long as they are of legal age and can even enjoy all kinds of unique and exciting products on the market. Delta 8 can be found both online and in-person, but many people will tell you that online shopping is the way to go due to better quality standards, product selection and more.
Note: It is wise to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. Since delta 8 THC is new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.