Delta 8 THC, the hemp-derived cannabinoid capable of producing a mild high, has been available for a couple of years now. Because of this, it has grown in popularity at a staggering rate. But, as we all know, hemp laws can be quite complicated. Especially, when it comes to individual states. Alabamians who have an interest in trying delta 8 in Alabama may be unsure as to whether or not they can legally consume the cannabinoid where they live, let alone where they can buy the purest, highest-quality delta 8 possible in AL.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing, blissful, and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Just How Natural Then is Delta 8 THC?
This can be up for debate, depending upon on who you ask and how they differentiate natural from synthetic. You see, when a product says ‘natural’ or ‘all-natural’, you often make a final determination that a certain product or substance is available in nature, generated without any human involvement. In this sense, ‘natural’ substances are compounds found in nature.
So, delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring compound found in cannabis. It forms as a byproduct since delta 9 THC breaks down under exposure to heat and light. In fact, a good majority of legal experts agree that delta 8 is classified as a naturally derived substance, rather than a synthetically derived one.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Alabama?
Yes, delta 8 is legal in Alabama, all thanks to their adherence to the 2018 Farm Bill. This legislation made all hemp derivatives federally legal as long as they contain a maximum amount of 0.3% delta 9 THC. Alabamans of adult age can purchase any type of delta 8 product they want, with no limit on milligram strength or purchase amount. Plus, these laws are consistent whether you live in Montgomery, Auburn, Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, or anywhere else in the state.
Just keep in mind that delta 8 THC is intoxicating, and so driving or going to work after taking it should be avoided. And, delta 8 can cause a positive drug test result, since it’s processed in the body by the same metabolite responsible for processing delta 9.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in Alabama
Very important to be selective when it comes to where you buy your delta 8. How come? Well, because not all delta-8 is made with high quality standards Sadly, even fakes do exist on the market.
It is also important that you only purchase hemp-derived delta 8 THC. Marijuana remains illegal throughout Alabama, and so buying marijuana-derived delta 8 is completely against the law.
Weedmaps or Google can allow you to find out whether or not a local store in your area carries delta 8 THC. Just keep in mind that if a Alabama store does not specialize in hemp, you may end up coming across low-quality products, especially if local demand is low. Look up reviews for a store ahead of time to find out what others have to say about their delta 8.
It is even better to buy delta 8 THC from an online retailer that specializes in hemp products. This comes with a lot of advantages over buying it in-person.
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a faster product turnover rate.
Pure CBD Vapors carries lab-tested, high-quality delta 8 products from top-rated, trusted manufacturers. Our selection of delta 8 THC is enormous, offering all kinds of delivery methods, formulations, strains, and more. Each is adhering to our incredibly strict standards. Besides that, you will be able to enjoy extremely fast shipping and refreshingly affordable prices.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
Just as there are some more trustworthy types of vendors than others, there are some delta 8 vendors that should be avoided altogether. Why? Because they are not known to carry high-quality or even strictly authentic products.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8 THC. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in Alabama?
It can be very helpful to know what types of delta 8 products are available on the market ahead of time. That way, you can understand exactly what to look for when the time comes to make a delta-8 purchase.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts are 510-threaded pre-filled cartridges that attach to standard hemp vape pens. They contain delta 8 THC distillate and terpenes, with many strain options available.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes are all-in-one vaping systems that are fully assembled, requiring no charging at any time. Also come in a rich selection of strains.
- Edibles: D8 edibles are not only flavorful but deliver very long-lasting effects and offer a stronger body high sensation.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures absorb sublingually and come in convenient dropper bottles for easy administration. Less potent than vapes, but more potent than edibles.
- Capsules: D8 capsules offer the same type of experience as edibles since they’re absorbed in an identical manner. Capsules, however, are simpler formulas with fewer ingredients, and are consumed as a capsulated product.
- Flower: D8 Flower takes raw CBD flower and infuses it with a delta 8 THC distillate. Find all kinds of strains that come in both loose bud and pre-roll forms
- Dabs: D8 dabs are powerful concentrates that are not recommended for beginners since their effects are very potent. These are flash-vaporized using a dabbing device.
- Topicals: D8 topicals will not intoxicate you, since they absorb through the skin and offer localized effects to the deep tissue of the body.
Sweet Home Delta 8 THC in the Heart of Dixie
Alabama citizens can enjoy all kinds of delta 8 products that exist on the market since the cannabinoid is completely legal throughout the state. Since delta 8 THC can vary so much in quality, you’ll want to be careful of who you buy it from. We recommend a trusted online hemp retailer that is known for selling only federally compliant, lab-tested delta-8 products that are more likely to deliver a blissful hemp experience.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.